Sunday, March 11, 2012

More liquid needed in system

11 Mar 2012: I noticed that the topping up bottle in the loft was a bit low, but when I cleared a few airlocks in other parts of the system, the whole lot of visible water disappeared.
    I then used a 4 litre bottle and funnel to top the pressure bottle up, and needed about 8 litres to get it right. A bit more and then a bit more air would escape. I wonder if the airlocks have affected performance, I am sure they have. But the level is correct now and I don't detect more airlocks. I noticed while doing the Mylar inside that there was a bit of gurgling, and this can indicated some trapped air.
   I didn't add more glycol, as there is plenty in the system already, and more will be added when the evacuated tubes are added.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated before showing. Please make them relevant to the subject of the posting. Comments which advertise commercial products will usually be deleted.

Popular Posts

There was an error in this gadget