Monday, June 10, 2013

Repairs to the Tee piece, done!

10 June 2013: The repair is done, and the system ran for many hours without any sign of a leak (the jubilee clipped hose joints have never ever leaked.)
I now have to close up the sun boxes and we are in business again. I forgot to photograph the finished tee close up, sorry! I don't see how the tee piece can fail now, but if there is excess pressure, it's a bit worrying that a fail could happen elsewhere. That's why there are 4 expansion vessels on this system!

The tee piece is in place and I have restored the centre panel cover, and the insulated ducting to the inflow pipe. Here is a view of the repaired tee piece, looking upwards!
The left hand outer ETFE panel goes on. I needed a helper, but managed somehow. The main problem was the risk of puncturing the ETFE by letting the panel fall against the sunbox sharp corners. Now the right hand panel goes on. 
I have another week of the scaffolding, so I will hope for some sunny days and monitor the performance of the system. After just one day of working, I noticed that the ground temperature has risen from 12.7º on Saturday to 13.1º on Sunday evening.
I have some numberplate lettering so I can have
S U R Y A
on the panel


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated before showing. Please make them relevant to the subject of the posting. Comments which advertise commercial products will usually be deleted.

Popular Posts

There was an error in this gadget